more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Friday, February 17, 2006

the first stitches..

well, I began my first knitted project last winter (january). it was a simple scarf, garter stitch, two yarns. well, i got bored with it and never finished. haha. it's actually still on the needles in my knitting box right now. anyway, so after that disappointment, I laid off for a while.

this past Christmas, my boyfriend (aaron) and his mom got the Knit Knack kit by Kris Percival for me @ Costco. lol. it was the best present ever! it got me itching to knit again and gave me so many great ideas. the first two things I started on were the Change Purse and Slippers. I knew with it being a while, I needed practice, so that's why I started with those. the Change Purse, as expected, knit up in about 20 mins, if even. immediately after finishing that, I went for the Slippers. they took a little longer but i did finish the first one last week, finally. I experimented a lot on it, so I knew I wasn't going to actually use it once it was finished. it was more for practice. I think i want to add the flaps on it to make it the Elfin Slipper.

however, I have now finished two new Change Purse's...although I doubled the stitches on the pattern to make it like a normal sized coin purse (the pattern's one is tee tiny!). I also want to branch out & make them into clutch's next. I am going to buy lining soon for the inside and then get started on embellishing them.

I am picking up my new digital camera this afternoon, so I hope to have photos of my progress thus far soon! :)

that's all for this first entry....hope someone enjoyed it! lol. I'll add more to my page as I get going. but right now I'm @ work and can't do too much!

---
.♥.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home