more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

lys (local yarn shops!)

so I have found at least three local yarn shops in or around nashville that I'm very excited about. one, in particular, I am wanting to go to sometime next week, once I get my tax refund. I need tons of needles, a needle case, stitch holders, yarn, etc. I'm hoping to stock up, but I'm also hoping to go in with a plan of what to buy, so I don't just go haywire. oh and this place also has handmade buttons! I'm totally getting some of those.

first, I need to sit down & figure out what projects I want to tackle next and go from there. I've finished my 3rd change purse now and am working on my 4th. I can see my knitting getting better with each one. As you can tell from the photos, I'm definitely in the beginning stages. but I think now I'm really getting the feel for it. I was typically, holding the yarn way too tightly at first and so, the first change purse (as pictured below in the last post) is pretty much gonna be my practice one. seeing my latest results, it simply looks too small and too all over the place to actually use! also, i am still casting off (binding off...which is the correct term?) too tightly. as you can also see in the photos from the last post. haha. I'm definitely conscious of it, so I'm assuming that will ease up even more the more I knit.

I can't wait to get my knitting books I ordered last week! I ordered the Cozy Crochet Kit, Weekend Knitting, Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, Stitch 'n Bitch, Stitch 'n Bitch Nation, & Felted Knits. woohoo! they're all supposed to be here by mid-week next week. i'm so excited!!

well, I will update more about my LYS once I visit it...wish me luck! :)

----
.♥.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nyxxie said...

Wow those books are all great. I have all but like 1 or 2 or them I am working on a sweater from Last Min. Knitted Gifts right now. The LYS are great by the way. I have knitted for several years and I still bind off too tight sometimes. For example the sweater that I wore yesterday could have been a little looser at the cast on part as well as the bind off but it is getting better. Just takes pratice. Best thing anyone ever told me is to think like your needles are glass and you have to be careful not to break them when casting on and binding off!

February 22, 2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thanks for the advice!

and yes...I just found out I got 4 of them in the mail today! ah! i cannot wait!
looks like I might be visiting the LYS very soon! lol.

.♥.

February 22, 2006 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home