more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

crochet...mission:possible

I received my books last night & sufficiently drooled over all the projects I want to start! I must have marked at least 20 or more projects I want to make. lol. this is getting addicting like nobody's business.

the one thing I did start on, however, was my crocheting skills from the Cozy Crochet Kit. I wanted to try out crochet since I never had and see if I could get a grasp on it. ...and I did! granted, I'm a bit stumped currently, but all in all...I can crochet! I don't know why ppl said this kit was so confusing. I will say it could use a bit better description of things and the patterns are nowhere near as expertly detailed as Kris Perceival's in Knit Knack kit, but nonetheless. I can crochet! haha. i was very excited. I just used the bookmark pattern (even though it's my least favorite!) b/c the yarn for it was included and it was the beginner project. i'm pretty proud of my skills on this.

counterpane carpet bag



counterpane accessories pouch



I haven't even gotten to tackle any of these projects until I got a major desire to start on a project from Handknit Holidays (which i do not have, but desperately want!). I was browsing Good to Be Girl's blog and saw her "when crap yarn finds it's calling" entry where she used TLC Essentials Surf 'n Turf for the Counterpane Carpet Bag. and I love the way the colors look with the pattern! and my apt. is all of those colors! haha. so...I then went on a search for a photo of this bag and how many skeins I would need. I found all that info here. but once I saw it and how long it is...I'm not sure it would look right for me. however, I did find the Counterpane Accessories Pouch and this shall be what I use the yarn on. same neat pattern, much less yarn, much smaller purse. now, I love my giant purses, just don't think the Carpet bag one is for me. this is to say...it will be a future project of mine, seeing as how I have neither the yarn nor the book (nor probably the skills) just yet.

that's all for now! looking forward to reading more of my books tonight!

.♥.

4 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

hey welcome to knitting blog world. saw your comment at "good to be girl"

hi!

February 24, 2006 5:13 AM  
Blogger amy said...

yes welcome! it can be addicting here so be careful! can't wait to see what is next on the needles for you!

February 24, 2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger amy said...

ok, sorry for the overuse of the exclamation point there. but i am just love new blogs to stalk, i mean read.

February 24, 2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thanks guys!

"i just love new blogs to stalk, I mean read.."


me too! haha.

.♥.

February 24, 2006 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home