more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Monday, March 06, 2006

new books, new yarn, mom's stash & project spectrum

it's been a while, I know...for those who read, I apologize! it's been a bit hectic around here and I haven't seemed to have any spare time to speak of. with that said, I do have some exciting knitting news..

all my books have come in and let me just say, I am in love with them all and have entirely too many ideas in this little head o' mine! seriously, all my books have at least 10 pagemarkers in them. ah...if only I had all the time in the world! I have to say...I am in love with The Happy Hooker!! it has a zillion and one crochet ideas that I must do! they're all zooming around in my head as we speak. some of them I will be able to do very soon (whenever my knitpicks order comes in!) and I cannot wait. :) the only thing I haven't gotten from that order is my TLC yarn for the Counterpane Accessories Pouch...but I have the book!

let's see...I went home to Columbia this weekend and got to sort through all my mom's old knitting/embroidery/crochet supplies! I came away with a ton of crochet hooks (yay!), some granny squares my mom made many years ago, some stitch markers and holders, some wood beads, size 6 knitting needles, and tons of yarn (although it is acrylic...it will still be great to pracice on!) and even some crochet thread (tiny, tiny)! so I venture to say I came away very well supllied. :) it was also neat to see some needlepoint my mom had of my great aunt's and some of my mom's old cross stitch projects and the afghan she's knitting for my brother.

I am very impatiently waiting my knitpicks order...come on, already! lol. it should be here this week. I'll make sure and take a photo to share my stash!

OH, I am also challenged...in that I just noticed today that I was added to the Project Spectrum participants...yay!! I'm so excited. you will find the buttons over to your left! I can't wait to get started on a project! also, I joined the postcard swap so I need to start figuring out the postcard for next month!

I'm also a member of the Sexy Knitters Club (also featured to your left) and right now, they are having nominations for the next KAL...my first! there are a few patterns I have fallen in love with, such as..lacy cardigan, diamonique & ruby, deep v-neck argyle sweater. umm...how adorable are those patterns? there's much more under "nominations" on their blog.

all righty, time to finish up work here and then contemplate a little red & pink action..

.♥.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home