more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

target obsession, a few WIP

I begin with my love for all things target. we literally live right down the road from one and there's hardly a visit there where I walk away empty-handed (even if it's just with a starbucks goodie). perhaps my favorite thing there, the place I almost uncontrollably find myself stopping every time I walk in the store...the $1 spot. who else is as crazy about it as I am? while it does tend to be hit or miss, I definitely hit it this weekend. it's crazy full of magnets right now...and all month I've picked them up, mulled over them, picked out my favorites and in the end...put them all back. not really knowing what I would do with them or convincing myself I didn't need them. of course I don't need them. but I want them..and so, I came up with this brilliant idea..a magnet collage! I know, amazing, right? haha.

anyway, so we have one of those IKEA magnet boards already...well, I hit the magnets and didn't look back this time...and this is what I came up with: (some of them were old magnets I already had, but most are new!)


also I have photos of my clutch purse all knitted up (sorry, not together yet!) with it's handle to the side (it will go on the back, so you can slide your hand in), a couple tries in making my crocheted button, a sneak peak at my secret project, and the pom-pom I made yesterday @ work during lunch!! (a little wonky, but a pom-pom nonetheless) I also crocheted a little bunny (pin/magnet/etc) last night but didn't have time to take a photo! hope you guys enjoy!





.♥.

2 Comments:

Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

i just found your blog through a comment at hillary's...i just had to chime in that i, too, am a sucker for the onespot at target. and so are my children! it's a great way to fulfill the "can we get something?" question...and I also picked up three (three!!) packs of those same magnets and a set of the sea animals ones for my kids...although they only seem to chew on them and then put them back on the fridge!
Anyway, just had to share my similar obsession. it's nice to meet you!

March 15, 2006 7:15 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I just found your blog too (comment at Wee Wonderfuls). I really am enjoying it.

March 16, 2006 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home