more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Monday, March 27, 2006

pre-post post

I have a large photo post coming up (hopefully this evening!), but I couldn't wait to post till then!! I am at work right now & have spent a better portion of the morning (as I'm waiting for information on a project here and have some downtime) catching up on all the weekend's blogs.. and boy, am I inspired!

the more and more I kept seeing about Japanese craft books, the more I had to have some! following crafting japanese's "online bookstores" links I have sufficiently placed $85 worth of books in my cart on Amazon - Japan. I cannot bring myself to purchase them just yet, as I would have no time to use them anytime soon, but oh boy, do I want them!!

I got many a package in the mail this weekend...yay!

I got my vintage buttons!!! they came in the mail on Friday, I do believe and I was so excited to see how cute and pretty they all were! and how speedy a delivery! I've already coveted 2 of them for my surf 'n turf clutch (I think I'm beginning to love it again). I can't even say enough words for how much I have enjoyed sorting through them all! ***and thank you to all those who commented about them...nice to know ya'll were as excited as I was!!

on Saturday, I got TWO...TWO packages in the mail! however, I could not pick them up until yesterday, as we got home late on Saturday evening. my Fat Quarter Shop purchase came in and holy moly...I got such cute fabrics (my first fabric purchases)!! I ordered a bundle of Amy Butler fat quarters (on sale!) and a bundle of Kaufman's "Happy Days", which has to be some of the cutest prints I've ever seen. :) I also got a grab bag of fabric scraps and oh my goodness, I got so many cute fabric pieces (some of which I had wanted to purchase anyway! wee!). this order also came in ridiculously fast (priority mail) and I am utterly impressed.

the other package I got was my latest Knit Picks order! I ordered yarn for my Sexy Knitters Club KAL (my first KAL!). I'm doing the Orangina in Shine Sport color River. I would have done Orange (perfect for Project Spectrum), but well...let's just say that is not my color! I also got my size 3 24" circular needles (my first circulars!), two balls of Shine in Cream, two skeins of Memories in S'mores (the yummiest of sock colors ever!) to knit my first-ever pair of socks! lot of firsts in this post.

not a bad haul, I say. Aaron still does not get my fascination with all things crafty. sigh.. how do I convert him to appreciate my love...how? lol. oh well...in time.

yesterday was also my first time in visiting one of my local yarn shops!! Aaron & I headed down the road a ways to visit Threaded Bliss. I was really nervous at first, but they all put me right @ ease. I still have to make some more visits before I totally figure out the setup there, but I did spy many a lovely yarn! the purchases I made were... Cascade 220!! holy cow, she has 160-some odd colors of the 300 colors. it was a tough, tough choice deciding, but I had to have some. I got two tweeds.. a grey and a blue and then 4 other solid yarns...2 greens, a yellow and an orange (project spectrum time!). and i got a row counter (finally!).

had a really nice week/weekend with Aaron's family and yesterday was such a fun day with just Aaron & I. OH, i almost forgot one of my purchases! last night, we headed to Borders and I picked up One Skein!! I have been wanting it for a while and there was ONE copy left. The back cover had been bent to crap, so they knocked off 10% for me! lol. I had to buy it.

the bunnies are nearing completion.. *would be amazing if I could finish them tonight* I feel lame to keep posting about them and not have them finished. but i'll keep you posted!

okey doke...photo post soon with all these goodies!! sorry there weren't any in this one, but I wanted to post so much about all my great finds!!

.♥.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Have you been to Angel Hair Yarn Company in Green Hills? That's my LYS of choice. I was just there today, picking up some yummy green alpaca & silk for the Somewhat Cowl! I want to do Orangina too, but I probably don't have time to do both. Already have too many projects as it is.

March 30, 2006 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home