more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Friday, March 31, 2006

flash your stash (one day early!)

I apologize for the early post of my stash...but I realized two days ago that since i will be going home to visit my mom & grandma (& do a little knitting/crocheting!), I won't be back until later tomorrow evening and would not necessarily be able to flash said stash at that time. so last night, i gathered everything together and snapped away. pardon the IKEA bedspread in the background. my bed was the only place large enough to display all my things and the mister & pup were in the living room, [im]patiently waiting on me to be finished with my sillyness.

in my quest to display my stash...I realized I have accumulated quite a large haul in the past couple of months. and am now seriously contemplating this whole use what you have idea. although i highly doubt i could go a whole month w/o one single purchase! we shall see..

enough of my ramblings...where's the stash? here ya go, ladies & gents (if there are any gents that read this)..


my small collection of knitting/crocheting/crafting magazines


the books I have collected thus far
(plus a couple kits)


to show the books that are on loan to my mom..
(last minute knitted gifts, weekend knitting & the happy hooker)


assorted felt colors


fat quarter shop fabric
(amy butler, robert kaufman & a grab bag)
I couldn't bear to open the kaufman just yet, so this is
the only photo of it thus far!


the grab bag fabric


amy butler fat quarter bundle


a peek @ my button stash


my bead stash
(also embroidery floss, sewing thread, assorted tools, etc.)



Yarnbee yarn
(yes, I have some acrylic...deal)


tlc essentials - surf n' turf
love these colors! note: the bedspread


tlc essentials (assorted)
liked the orange, yellow & green to
add to my stash for PS..April!


knit picks - andean treasure & shine


knit picks - assorted
all of my sock yarn/lighter weight yarn


knit picks - shine sport (color: river)
for my Orangina


my cascade 220!!
purchased from my LYS - Threaded Bliss!



vintage yarn from my mom!!
I raider her stash a few weeks ago and
came away with these goodies! note: the granny
squares afghan she was making years ago..
how neat!



and there you have it...I've flashed my stash! I hope everyone has a great weekend (and has beautiful weather like we are having here in Tennessee!)!

________________

in other, non-flashing news...I've joined quite a few things in the last few weeks...here's a rundown:

project: colorswap I missed out on April, so I'll be joining in for May!
music swap music is my true first love...so how exciting I get to share it with others!
secret pal 8 umm...way too excited about this one...yay!

plus, I'm already participating in project spectrum's postcard swap and my first-ever KAL!(I'm doing Orangina). I'm gonna be a busy, busy bee...and that's how I like it! especially when I get to be busy doing things I enjoy!

all righty, now the post is officially over. thanks so much to anyone who made it this far! ;)

.♥.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on a nice old stash! I love the fabric & buttons!

April 01, 2006 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stash(es)!

April 01, 2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Love your craft stash...lots of inspiring stuff. When the apocalypse comes you'll still be able to keep busy (hee hee) :)

April 03, 2006 6:18 AM  
Blogger thomasina said...

Wow, what a complete stash flash. I love the vintage yarn - it reminds me of tiger stripes.

April 07, 2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

Jenn! I'm totally drooling over your stash--those fabrics, that yarn, those buttons!

April 09, 2006 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home