more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

may colorswap questionnaire

for my colorswapping pal, Valerie and anyone else interested! ***edited to add: Valerie's correct address (umm, I believe it was blank before. ha. doh! sorry, Valerie!)..and the colorswap one, too. so click away, you crazy clickers!! :)

Are you crafty?
yes, I like to think so. I've always loved crafting and making things...drawing...painting...sewing...making jewelry...you name it!

Would you enjoy things like: Buttons, ribbons and
embellishments?

I sure would!! the more, the merrier! I love vintage buttons and pretty but simple ribbons and such.

Do you dye your own wool?
not yet, but I am itching to try it! it's definitely on my list of future projects.

Do you like to scrapbook or make homemade cards?
I don't really scrapbook so much as have tons of photo albums. lol. and I do enjoy making homemade cards a lot, although I rarely ever get the chance to! so...yes & no. although i can't turn down cute supplies!!

What are your favorite scents?
general scents: vanilla, apple
others: Victoria's Secret - Lovespell is my #1. Yankee Candle Co - Midsummer's Night. although they don't make it anymore...Gap's Grass scent has to be my all-time favorite smell. it just smelled like summer. I miss it! pretty much any scent (besides like mashed potatoes or something) that White Barn Candle Co. puts out is dreamy.

Do you like stationary and cards?
this kinda seems like the same question as above...but if it's asking if I love neat papers and letter-writing materials...yes!

Do you like to sew or embroider items?
I do. I am a beginning sewer but I enjoy it. and I'm falling in love with crewel embroidery!

Do you like beads?
I have a whole bead mini-cabinet.. so yes. :) unique, fun, vintage beads are the best. I also enjoy round wood beads a lot...in any color. and really most round beads.

What kind of candy do you like?
the chocolate kind. ha. my favorite thing is dark chocolate! and when I find a thing such as a dark chocolate truffle...umm, I'm in heaven.

Do you like hand lotions or soaps?
I'm more picky about my lotions (I have a dry hand obsession. lol...meaning...i hate to have dry ones!), but I do love Victoria's Secret Lovespell body lotion and I've been dying to try shea butter anything for my legs. something fruity is usually the best choice for me. fruity with a touch of flirty. and soaps...yes please! I love soaps more for their beauty than for their use. so color and shape is what it's all about with me!

Do you like to wear costume jewelry? Necklace, earrings, bracelets etc.
yes! for whatever reason, i've gotten out of wearing all that much jewelry lately. but I do love, love earrings. of most varieties. nothing too long & dangly, but I enjoy a good dangle. or a nice simple stud. lately, I've been obsessed with my button earrings (see a few posts below). my pearl earrings are a staple. I love necklaces. usually about choker length. nothing longer than about 16". I enjoy bracelets, but I'm more picky about those and I tend to not wear them as much now either!

Do you like to make/or use stitch markers?
I have yet to work on a project that really needed them, but I love seeing all the cute ones out there! I've been really wanting a cute animal or food set of some sort. I don't make them, but it would be another fun thing to try!

Do you collect anything?
I've just recently begun a magnet collection. I've loved magnets for whatever reason for a long while, so I made it into a hobby! :) I also gladly collect yarn. haha. vintage buttons as we've mentioned. hmm.. any cool prints or paper or fabric that strikes my eye.

Do you have any allergies?: Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc.
it's not been proven, but I swear I'm allergic to smoke. either way, I hate it and it gives me a headache. so..there ya go. lol. oh, I'm also allergic to nickel (like in silver-plated or nickel-plated jewelry). I developed it a few years ago. I still wear earrings that aren't nickel free as long it's for short periods of time.

Do you have any hobbies?
why yes.. lol. knitting, crocheting, sewing, crafting of any sort, reading, listening to music, etc.

Do you like scented or unscented candles?
scented! white barn candle co is my favorite place for really neat candles.

Are you a fiber snob?
to a degree, I guess we all are. we all have our favorites or standards. but generally, I don't rule anything out totally. if something's cute & I'm attracted to it, I'll get it! I'm not opposed to some acrylic...especially when it comes in great colorways! of course, my favorites are not acrylics, but I don't hate. :)

Do you like to play cards or board games?
I do, although we never get to much. cranium is so fun and we've been wanting it for a while. other than that, we just play poker from time to time. (I even have my own set of chips! :))

Do you like neon colors, pastel, light or medium ranges in the color of the month?
no neon!!! lol. and i'm not a huge pastel fan, although i'm not opposed. so anything else is fair game.

Do you like kitchen magnets or key rings?
why, yes I do like magnets (see above collection question)! key rings...eh, not really.

Do you like picture frames?
oh yes.. lol. simple and unique, vintage, large, multi-framed, etc. i enjoy them. :)


-----

and now for kicks..some of what's on my playlist @ the moment:

Create your own Music List @ HotFreeLayouts!

-----

Happy Tuesday!! (I'll make a real post soon..promise!)

.♥.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Love me some Bruce & Kelly - and Rilo Kiley's not too shabby either!

April 25, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. :)

April 27, 2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger clairehelene7 said...

Hey Jenn-- I totally didn't read this post before I popped in the button with your music swap! It must be a twin thing... ;-)

April 27, 2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home