more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

knitting challenges - me vs. the needles

first, my last post was not just for my musicswap partner...there was non-musicy stuff @ the bottom. shoulda clarified that before, but oh well!! :) can you tell I'm way too excited about this music thing? yeah, i am. OH and how cool is last.fm (formerly audioscrobbler)?? I joined a few weeks ago and just now got around to posting anything about it on here (i think. lol)

-----

the challenges...and main reason for this post!
I'm having issues. I started the Counterpane Accessories Pouch from Handknit Holidays for the second time last night... and I'm back where I began. I get the first 3 rows fine (row 1 & 3 - knit, row 2 - purl...easy), but I move onto row 4 and somewhere along the lines I get screwy. I lose count of stitches (or, as what happened last night, I somehow gained a stitch...even though I got the pattern right for row 4!!). in both attempts at this Pouch, I've made it to row 6...in hopes that everything will work itself out. this is not the case. I am very frustrated.

so question: when the pattern says things like "repeat from * to last 3 sts, knit 3"... does that mean the pattern in the asterisks should end perfectly and then have 3 sts left? OR does it mean that I just knit till I have 3 sts left?? in any other things I've crocheted or knitted, it means the pattern should end perfectly with 3 sts left.. but perhaps I'm missing something! help! lol.

am I doomed to knit in straight knit or purl forever?? NOOooo...say it isn't so!

I think tonight I'm gonna concentrate on my Project Spectrum postcard...yay! :)

-----

photos, photos, photos...

headed to the doggy park on Sunday!
(with dad...her favorite spot in the car)


hanging out with her mom
for a bit on the way


at the doggy park, running free


after the doggy park

(and we even got rained out after 10 mins!)


my donut necklace came!!
(is it not adorable?)


my attempt @ recreating the cute packaging

(I was too excited to get a photo before I tore it open!)


a close-up of the donut-y goodness


more vintage buttons!
this time from my mom!


and again..

(these are from miss gadgetgirl)


and these were my favorite ones!!

(how cute is that fabric?)



all righty, well maybe i can figure out this knitting issue I've got. I'm gonna try doing just a swatch of the pattern tonight. and otherwise, I'll continue working on my crochet. at least I have something down! :) thanks for any help or tips you might throw my way!!

.♥.

5 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

OMG! I love your dog! So cute!

And about the repeat - in my short experience as a knitter, yes, whatever you are repeating should end perfectly with 3 sts remaining for you to Knit 3. Maybe you could count the number of sts on your needle to start with to make sure you have the correct amount of sts. Maybe you could place markers between the repeats - it is easy to lose your place. I lose my place all the time.

April 05, 2006 6:02 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Can't help you with the knitting thing, sorry! I LOVE your dog and your donut necklace! Of course you know I adore buttons so I am drooling over yours!

April 05, 2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

WOW love the necklace!!! The knitting yeah it should come out right then have the 3 stitches left to knit. Have you checked online for any corrections? Yes you repeat from the * to the * there maybe some stitches before the repeat too that you will not repeat!
Sorry I don't have that book to look at the pattern!

April 05, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger lobstah said...

I agree, you should have exactly three stitches left. When I don't have the right number, it means I either didn't start with the right number of stitches or I gained/lost some in the knitting.

The donut necklace is to die for!

April 06, 2006 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first started knitting, I lost it over this diamond lace patterned sweater. In a fit of rage I threw my knitting needles. Well....they sorta flew right into my husband's foot on the coffee table. (oops)

April 11, 2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home