more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Monday, April 10, 2006

problem: solved!!

I have sooo much to update on here...so much. which will hopefully be done sometime this week. including some sort of an easter sale on my etsy shop..since, you know, they're going like hotcakes over there. heh. <--joke, see. :) i'm beginning to see how hard it is to keep up with all things crafty & world wide web-y when you have a full-time job in the meantime. plus family & friends. plus you time. it's hard stuff! but oh so worth it..

moving on, this will be a short post, but I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who tried to help out my poor, tormented knitting mind last week!! lol. it meant a lot to know there were so many willing to help me out! it makes me almost ashamed to post what my true problem was, but.. here we go.. you know how you're always told to make sure & notice your yarn placement when knitting & purling (ie...in back for knitting, in front for purling)? simple, right? haha.. one would think.

last night, I sat down with Aaron to watch the Sopranos and tackle this Counterpane swatch once & for all. I'd taken a healthy few days away from it and was ready to give it a go. this time, with my oh-so-lovely Cascade 220!! in a beautiful Project Spectrum yellow :) long story short, after two more frogs, I had an epiphany (Eureka!)...I wasn't moving my yarn!! no wonder my knitting kept looking like a giant tangled mess...cause it was!! you don't know how this has improved my mood on the Counterpane. tons, I tell ya, tons. I finally saw some progress on my swatch! it looked like a real pattern and I had no tangles, no weirdo purl stitches. sigh of relief. I did, however still come up a stitch too short on row 7 or 8....but things are looking up and it didn't even phase me! going to swatch for the final...count...final time tonight and get to hopping on my pouch!! wee!!

ignore the fact that it was something I could have figured out and had finished 3 weeks ago. shh...we shan't speak of that.

Happy Monday! I'll update more later in the week!

a quick thank you to miss Anjo (the CraftyModster) for my April Project Spectrum cd (photos later)!! I love it!! and to miss Jenny of SewDarnCute for my cute, cute package of goodies from her shop! photos also to follow later. and we can't forget my snapcrafty cuteness that came as well! last week was a good week! :) and the final end to my end-of-March purchases all over the 'net (so yes, it counts as my stash since I ordered it before April..hehe!).

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Glad you figured out the problem. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun in everything and that is the key.

April 12, 2006 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home