more adventurous [a knitting blog]

this is my blog all about knitting (& probably some crafts, too!) I'm a very beginning knitter, but I'm falling in love with it!

feel free to link to me & come back often! :)

.♥.

Monday, May 01, 2006

counterpane success!!, music swap & adventures in babysitting

there's been a fair amount that's happened in the last week & a half since I was ill. I'll start off this photo post a tad bit out of order...with my music swap package!! my secret swap giver was miss Claire and she outdid herself on this one!! I got not only a mixed cd, but the cutest scrap of fabric, a great vintage-y flower button, two super cute badges (one with an owl..my favorite! and she didn't even know...she's that good!), a sweet, sweet postcard and message (with e.e. cummings poem), and my favorite thing...magnets!! (there's a close-up of those below) she made them herself, as many others have done lately. I've been wanting to try it myself and she inspired me to do so! these little cuties have since made it onto my magnet collage I posted about in an earlier post! thanks so much, Claire! we've also discovered since I got my package, that we both have twin brothers! and they are only a few months older than my brother & i! ha. what are the chances of this?? it was meant to be! lol.

here's where my counterpane was 2 days before I got ill
(yeah, it would've been finished that weekend)

and this is the sweet little face that got me ill
(how could I resist that lil guy??)

the cabinets I got @ target
(finally, after reading Scout's blog about them!)

I'm not totally happy with the arrangement (ocd, hello!)
but all in all, I love them so much!!

we also picked up this bright Spring bedding @ target
(minus the blue pillows/throw & brown shams...we already had that from IKEA)

and finally....my counterpane..90% finished!!!
(hehe...this was such a fun knit, once I figured it out! I can't wait
to make another one already! well, once I put this one together..
and knit the millions of other projects, plan a bach. party, try to get a business going, etc. ya know)



so there ya go! I know I'm forgetting even more things, but oh well. I'm hoping to post more regularly now that I'm more caught up with things. I'm really exicted now, working on my Colorswap pal's package, my Orangina sweater (yes, I finally started!), some fabric flowers for a future, secret purpose, thinking of ideas for future shop items, etc. :) oh and working on a super huge, super secret (for now) project with a knit-bloggy friend o' mine...hehe. soooo excited about this!! thanks for taking the time to read this all (to whoever did!). happy crafting, ladies (or gents)!!

***ps: would it be worth it for me to switch to typepad & pay? I love blogger, but I'm getting tired of it not working correctly on IE. just curious what you guys thought!

.♥.

8 Comments:

Blogger clairehelene7 said...

Jenn-- oh so much to say about this post! First, I'm glad you liked your package! It was a lot of fun putting it together. Two, I love love *love* the counterpane purse. I saw the pattern when it was published and have coveted ever since. Unfortunately I don't really knit. I would like to remedy this, but I don't really see that happening until next winter. Also, love your yarn stash and your new target purchases. I'm moving soon and will have to keep those shelves in mind...

May 01, 2006 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love your bedroom! Im a big fan of IKEA and Target, and I could see myself having a room exactly like yours!

May 02, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Counterpane is coolio.

I am so happy peeps are enjoying Lisa's music swap. I love Lisa. She's the bestest!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I will be adding you to my bloglines for easier blogstalking...LOL

May 02, 2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

that is a great CD swap package! aren't swaps wonderful. I have met such great blogger through them...
oh, and I vote definitely switching to typepad and paying for a plus or pro account. it is definitely worth it, in my opinion!
Your target cabinets have me thinking...maybe be a solution for my big boxes of fabric that are buried in my closet....are those doors on your yarn stash cupboard??
dying to know what your secret project is........

May 02, 2006 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those magnets!! I love making them too - I've got a whole stash of them that I've made, I'm trying to find something that will make them stick to barretes.

And it is totally worth it to get upgrade to a better blogger. I use wordpress but I think typepad is probably the best. In retrospect I probably would have gone with typepad.

Also - I'd like to give a shoutout to Target for being oh-so-cool

And the counterpane purse is AWESOME!!

May 03, 2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

Wow everything looks so great! Sorry I haven't commented in a while I just got back from surgery. Love the counterpane where did the pattern come from?

May 03, 2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Counterpane is so cool, can't wait to see it put together! This may be a stupid question but where is the pattern from? I've never seen it before...

May 04, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your counterpane. Very pretty.

May 10, 2006 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home